Saturday, September 21, 2019

Preface To What House Is This?: Not Really A Complaint But A Complaint

There's too much good food in Portland.  It's true.  I have gained weight since I got here.

Because of certain issues with my health, I like to see a doctor every six months, have my blood checked, if possible get a tune-up & my tires rotated.  What issues?  What business is that of yours?  My gosh.

Where was I?  Oh yeah.  So I met the person who might be my regular doctor this past week, & she was great, but I did tell her I have gained weight since I got here, thanks in part to so much good food in this city.  & I asked her if there were perhaps something she could do, as a medical professional, to somehow slightly decrease the deliciousness of Portland's food to facilitate the daunting task of me getting back into shape.  She said no, she couldn't.

She didn't even offer me pills!

It's on my mind because I ate at this place tonight.  The wife & I shared entrees, which doesn't seem uncommon.  It's been a couple of hours since I ate & I'm still stuffed.  & maybe gained even more weight.

When I should've been working on this week's show!

If it seems fatter than usual, you know why.

No comments: