Thursday, January 30, 2020

Because No One Even Remembers It's Thursday

For some reason, there's not a show page for The Dickenbock Report.  You can listen to the show & see the playlist over at the KBOO web site under the name of Alright Radio, which is the show that airs on alternate Thursdays.  I'm not sure if the KBOO web folks are being passive-aggressive about my silly show, or if there's been some sort of miscommunication, or if it's a mistake.

When asked to write something about the show - "copy," I hear it's called - this is what I said:

Join international radio journalist, newscaster, & talking head Richard D. "Dick" Dickenbock every other Thursday morning for a mostly musical look at that day in history.  The award-resistant Mr. Dickenbock has left or been fired by virtually every respected & credible news organizations, as well as Fox News, in his career.  Highlights include celebrations of birthdays, commemorations of death days, & the occasional field piece by correspondents other than Dick.  It's one hundred & fifty minutes of news you probably cannot use, on alternating Thursdays on KBOO. Listener attention ill-advised.

Actually, until just now, I had forgotten what I had written.  That's more interesting than I remember it.  As well, it's more accurate than I thought.

Hunh.

No comments: