Monday, February 17, 2020

Self Help Radio 021720: Intent

(Of course, this is based on the title card of this television show.)

Boy, this show felt like a mess.  Was this show a mess?  I'm very sleepy.  I feel like I'm about to go to sleep after unleashing a mess upon Portland.  This was not my intention.

Something I learned from this show: it's better when I have guests.  Terrible guests are better than just lots of Gary.

Something else I learned from this show: intent & intention kinda mean the same thing.  They are both used in each other's definitions.  That seems lazy of dictionaries, doesn't it?

One other thing I learned right before this show: you can be driving along in your Prius listening to Kinky Friedman & an alert will flash & tell you CHECK HYBRID SYSTEM STOP THE VEHICLE IN A SAFE PLACE IMMEDIATELY.  & you might say, fuck it, I need to get to a radio station to do a show & if the car explodes or catches fire you'll want to be close so you can abandon it as close to the radio station as possible.

Maybe that makes a radio show a mess?  I felt like I compartmentalized it pretty well.

Anyway, for all intents & purposes, the show as it happened is as it happened.  It's over at the Self Help Radio webpage as we speak.  You can see what you might hear below.  Remember: username SHR, password selfhelp.  It wasn't my intention to make such a mess.  But I have no intention of cleaning it up!

Self Help Radio Intent Show
"Intent" The Creeping Nobodies _Stop Movement Stop Loss_
"Intent" Lunch Duchess _Nervous Breakthroughs_
"Pure Intent" Empath _Active Listening: Night On Earth_

introduction & definitions

"Intentions" Ed's Redeeming Qualities _Big Grapefruit Cleanup Job_
"Intentions" Bill Ding _And The Sound Of Adventure_
"Intentions" Film School _Brilliant Career_
"Right Intention" William Hope _Buddhism Plain & Simple by Steve Hagen_
"Signal Your Intention" Hodges, James, & Smith _Incredible_

let's watch a YouTube video on the radio!

"Letter Of Intent" Ducktails _The Flower Lane_
"Statement Of Intent" Bis _Intendo_
"Statement Of Intent" Chris Knox _Seizure_
"Almost Unintentional" Alistair Hulett _In The Back Streets Of Paradise_

idiom time

"Good Intentions" Kitty Kallen _Warm & Sincere_
"New Emotion, Good Intentions" Mondial _The Sound Of Young Sweden Vol. 2_
"Good Intentions" The Dudes _Brain Heart Guitar_
"Good Intentions" Marika Hackman _I'm Not Your Man_
"Good Intentions?" Rocketship _Here Comes... Rocketship_

Ned Dry interrupts!

"Get Up Off Your Good Intentions" Charley Pride _She's Just An Old Love Turned Memory_
"Good Intentions" Ex Norwegian _No Sleep_
"Best Of Intentions" The Spook School _Could It Be Different?_
"Introducing John Stanley Hart/He Entered The Bar With The Best Of Intentions" William S. Burroughs _You're The Guy I Want To Share My Money With_
"Good Intentions Heal The Soul" Mansun _Kleptomania_

producer Bob interrupts!

"You've Got Bad Intensions" Bobby "Blue" Bland _I Pity The Fool: The Duke Recordings, Vol. 1_
"Bye Bye Badman" The Stone Roses _The Stone Roses_
"Cool Intentions" Islands _Taste_
"Cruel Intentions" Shlomo Franklin _Apt. 16_

conclusion & goodbye

"(Do You Intend To Put An End To) A Sweet Beginning Like This" Fats Waller _1935, Vol. 2_
"I Don't Intend To Die In Egyptland" Joshua White _Goodbye Babylon_
"Gran Intento" Monica Giraldo _Putumayo Presents Cafe Del Mundo_

No comments: