Thursday, March 05, 2020

Corona

As is my wont, I discussed the coronavirus on Sugar Substitute this week, & it's something I read about occasionally (all right, constantly) when I am surfing the net.  Outside the world seems pretty much the same - spring is coming tentatively to Portland, people are still waiting for buses & walking their dogs & driving way too slow - but at Costco they were out of toilet paper (!) & as I was leaving I heard to employees say, "Well, that was the last of the Clorox wipes!"

Now it says twelve confirmed dead in the United States.  There are many cases just north & south of us here.  It's a bit frightening.  But, again, I am not seeing folks in masks, I don't know a person who's been unwell, & though I am taking precautions - wiping down consoles at the radio stations before I use them, for example - I feel a little silly doing so.

But, yes, I'm anxious about it.  I watched Bill Maher last Friday & he seemed a bit freaked out.  I watched John Oliver on Sunday & he was a bit more helpful.  In fact, I'm going to watch that segment again.  Want to watch with me?  Cool.

No comments: