Saturday, July 18, 2020

Preface To One Thousand: No, Not The Thousandth Show

Man, I wish I had the time to count my shows!  It was hard enough making the "table of contents" page back in the day!  But as I keep saying, there's just no way this could be Self Help Radio's thousandth show.  Shall I show the math?

The show debuted in October 2002.  That's about seventeen years & nine months (or let's say thirty-six) weeks ago.  Seventeen years is approximately 884 weeks.  Plus 36 is 920 shows.  That assumes, however, that I have produced an episode of Self Help Radio every week during that time, which is, of course, not true.  Just this year I skipped an entire month because of the pandemic.  That means there have been (probably) less than nine hundred episodes of Self Help Radio.

But what about other shows, like the Dickenbock Report, which explored different themes?  I am currently not counting them nor putting them on my "table of contents" page.  But that doesn't mean I haven't done that in the past - the show I did on XRAY for National Radio Day is on there.  Should I count those?

What I've decided to do is create a kind of spreadsheet (ugh) to keep track of the number of shows I've done.  Although I can't do a "one thousand" show for the actual one-thousandth Self Help Radio episode now.  At least I can note it.

No comments: