Sunday, September 06, 2020

Whither Patience?

(Image from here.)

Like most impatient people, I have very little patience.  This may have something to do with excess worry & of course a preponderance of anxiety.  Perhaps the three qualities are supposed to exist in equilibrium & having too much of one or two creates a dearth of the third.  Might I suggest that we measure the amount of patience we have in teaspoons, the amount of anxiety we have in handfuls, & the amount of worry we have in volumes of cacophonous noise?  This should help you with your scientific experiments designed to test the above hypothesis.  Cite me in your sources the way my anthropologist wife did in her dissertation: "thanks for nothing, dipshit."

Perhaps I will gain patience on this week's Self Help Radio, which airs tomorrow (Monday) from 8-10am on 90.3/98.3 fm Freeform Portland, online as always at freeformportland.org.  I guess I will have to wait & see.  But what if I don't want to wait?  Why can I listen that show now?  Why isn't it streaming?  Why doesn't an entire season of Self Help Radio drop on a single date so I can listen to it at my convenience?  This is such bullshit.

No comments: