Saturday, September 05, 2020

Preface To Patience: Thinking Ahead To The Anniversary

It is rather impatient of me, but I try to plan my shows out a month ahead of time, & the show that will happen four weeks from Monday will happen on October 5.  Which will be four days shy of October 9.  Which is the anniversary of when Self Help Radio started.  The show began in Austin, Texas, on a Wednesday afternoon at 2pm.  It was October 9, 2002.  The show will officially be eighteen years old.  It would have been off to college if it weren't for the damn virus!

What I have been doing the past few years on the anniversary is revisiting old themes, usually finding newer songs, of course having interviews, stuff like that.  Last year I revisited the theme "1969" from 2005.  (That's a weird sentence to look at.)  I went back to 2005 & found four themes that could bear a second look.  Those are:

Dinner
Dresses
Hate
Lions

Which one would you like the show to re-do?  You can tell me in a comment here, or on the Facebook page, or in a second I'll make a poll on Twitter.  Okay, I just did.  Let me know.

Thanks!

No comments: