Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Self Help Radio 122920: Indiepop A To Z # 64

(Most if not all of these images found on Discogs.)

As I type this, it's very late on December 30th - later still to the east of me, where it's already New Year's Eve in most of the country.  I spent some part of today conducting interviews for the first Self Help Radio of the year.  I spent some time visiting with old friends from KVRX on something that wasn't Zoom but was Zoom-like.  I walked the dogs twice, both times happily in-between bouts of rain.  I also fed my animals twice.  Oh yeah, I went shopping & it won't surprise you to learn I forgot to get chickpeas.  However, if I had, my bill at Natural Grocers wouldn't have been $20.20 & even the jaded cashier, who always looks like heroin might be a little too stimulating for her, responded with a "Hey! Wouldya look at that!"  But I spent most of the day, it feels like, making that fucking collage up there of images of releases I played on Self Help Radio this week.

Holy shit that was time-consuming.  I spent the evening with my wife & came back to it when she went to bed so I could finish.  I knew I played forty-three songs & I created the grid to have forty-four spaces so I could stick the Self Help Radio logo in there, but when I got to the end of the song list, I had two little squares instead of one.  So I had to go back, one by one, to see which one I absent-mindedly left out.  It turns out it was an album I was working on when my wife came home from work.  She came to say hello & I just moved on to the next one as if I had done the previous one.  I hadn't.  I had to work backward to discover which one that is.

Which is appropriate for the last show of the year.  Holy fuck this year.  What a fucking mess.

Anyway, the show's on the Self Help Radio website if you wanna listen.  It's packed with good tunes.  It's also on the KBOO website's Self Help Radio page if you'd like to listen to it with KBOO spots at the very beginning.  I appreciate the extra hour but maybe three hours is too much.  Holy moly.

Remember username/password SHR/selfhelp.  Look below for what I played.  Happy new year!

Self Help Radio Indiepop A To Z # 64
"The Girl With Sunny Smile" Pale Sunday _A Weekend With Jane_
"Happy & Oblivious" The Palindromes _Muy Muy Pop Yum Yum_
"Knight In Gale" The Palisades _A Month Too Soon: 1985-1989_

"Brenda Walsh" The Palm Songwriters _You Make Me Smile (A Shelflife Records Collection)_
"How To Beat Dementia" Palomar _All Things, Forests_
"The Garden" Panax _2000 Teenbeat Sampler_
"Patronage" The Pancakes _Pancakes Can Panick_
"Pillar Box" Panda Pops _Bristol Fashion_

"Ghosting" Panda Riot _Infinity Maps_
"Beatrice Was Her Name" Panel Of Judges _Captain Circus! Chocolat Art Returns Compilation Vol. 1_
"Barely There" The Pansies _Feel Easy_
"Alison Statton" Pants Yell! _Alison Statton_
"On My Way" Papa Go Riot _...What's This?_

"Lo Que Me Gusta Del Verano Es Poder Tomar Helado" Papá Topo _Oso Panda_
"Way You Walk" Papas Fritas _Buildings & Grounds_
"Shine" Papas New Faith _Papas New Faith_
"The Lovers" The Paper Merchants _A Friend Of Mine_
"Falling" Paper Moon _Intercontinental Pop Exchange No. 2_

"A Northern Allowance" The Paperbacks _Intercontinental Pop Exchange No. 1_
"This Is How I Feel" The Paperboys _This Is How I Feel_
"Chills" Papercuts _Fading Parade_
"The Fastest Planes" Paperfangs _ePop006_
"Sometimes In Vain" The Parachute Men _Sometimes In Vain_

"Tree Roots Turn To Forts" Parachutes _Tree Roots_
"Metaluna Moroder" Parade _Metaluna_
"Without You" The Parallelograms _1 2 3 Go!_
"Burnt Toast" Parasites _Shreds Volume 3: American Underground '95_
"If I Ever Get The Chance Again" The Parcels _One_

"Me & You" Parekh & Singh _Ocean_
"Going Down Niagara Falls" The Pariahs _Tightrope Walk_
"All On You (Perfume)" Paris Angels _All On You (Perfume)_
"Painted World" The Paris Work-In _Hi-Five! Eardrums Pop's 5 Year Anniversary Compilation_
"Adding Up" Parsnip _Adding Up_

"Sapphire" The Part Time Losers _Sometimes The Nice Boy Wins_
"The Trumpet Song" The Particles _Tales From The Australian Underground, Vol. 2: 1977-1990_
"Pacific Love State" Partnerships _Double Love Suicide_
"I Wanna Take You Out In Your Holiday Sweater" Pas/Cal _The Handbag Memoirs_
"Into Hole" Passing Clouds _Creation's Happy Reel EP_

"Sometimes" Passengers _The Sound Of Leamington Spa Volume 3_
"I'm In Love With A German Film Star" The Passions _Thirty Thousand Feet Over China_
"Every Child In Heaven" The Passmore Sisters _The Original Rock & Roll Chair_
"Wherever You Go, Take Me With You" Pastel Collision _Wherever You Go, Take Me With You_
"Baby Honey" The Pastels _Truckload Of Trouble: 1986-1993_

No comments: