Monday, January 25, 2021

Whither A Private Show?

(image from Amazon)

Is anything private anymore?  How would that even work?  What's the story with the paparazzi, anyway?  Can you imagine eking out a living trying to get photos of an actor or pop star taking out their garbage?  & what about private investigators?  They might be looking through that garbage!

Speaking of, within a few months of moving to Portland, I had my identity stolen, probably by someone who looked through my recycling.  Someone was able to pretend to be me because I was conscientious enough to recycle something but not smart enough to shred it.  No expectation of privacy indeed!

There may be a time when there is no privacy so let's take a brief, three-hour moment in the wee hours of the night to celebrate as many private things as possible.  It may become a private joke between us in our private correspondence.  Because like the stars whose "clouds" were hacked so their privates were made public, I say to you privately, "I wish I hadn't done that."

Privately?  This is a public forum!

Self Help Radio's private show airs tonight (or tomorrow morning) from midnight to 3am on 90.7 fm KBOO in Portland.  Online everywhere at kboo.fm as well.  You may want to listen in private.  Although.  I think that's how one listens to radio anyway.

No comments: