Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Self Help Radio 082421: Holograms/Catenary Wires Interview


Okay, technically, the Catenary Wires interview isn't an episode of Self Help Radio.  I had the pleasure of talking to Amelia Fletcher & Rob Pursey - two people who have made some of my most favorite music in the entire world - & the conversation was so enjoyable to me that I interspersed it with their music & it came out to be around 90 minutes long.  If you listen to the show on the KBOO website, that's what happens first.  & the first set of songs below are songs I played during the interview from the couple's various bands.

Then in a truncated version of Self Help Radio, possibly the first ninety-minute-long episode I've done in almost ten years, I play lots of songs just called "Hologram" & a few others about holograms, plus talk to my spiritual mentor & to an artist who has an art collective called "The Holograms."  It goes by way too fast - if you blink, you'll miss it.

Side question: can ears blink?

The show is now at the Self Help Radio website.  For your convenience, here's a direct link to the Holograms show.  & here's a direct link to the Catenary Wires interview.  If you'd prefer to listen to the show at the KBOO website, why, I've already shared that link with you.

I hope you enjoy.  Here's a pic of Amelia & Rob from the Catenary Wires website:


& here are the playlists:

Self Help Radio Catenary Wires Interview
"Talulah Gosh" Talulah Gosh _Backwash_

"I Fell In Love Last Night" Heavenly _I Fell In Love Last Night_
"C Is The Heavenly Option" Heavenly _Le Jardin De Heavenly_
"P.U.N.K Girl" Heavenly _P.U.N.K Girl_

"Itchy Chin" Heavenly _The Decline & Fall Of Heavenly_
"Ben Sherman" Heavenly _Operation Heavenly_

"Hopefulness To Hopelessness" Marine Research _Sounds From The Gulf Stream_
"Oh Katrina" Tender Trap _Film Molecules_
"6 Billion People" Tender Trap _6 Billion People_
"Do You Want A Boyfriend?" Tender Trap _Dansette Dansette_

"Intravenous" The Catenary Wires _Red Red Skies_
"Sixteen Again" The Catenary Wires _Til The Morning_
"Face On The Rail Line" The Catenary Wires _Birling Gap_

"I Sold My Soul On EBay" Swansea Sound _I Sold My Soul On EBay_
"Swansea Sound" Swansea Sound _Swansea Sound_

Self Help Radio Holograms Show
"Hologram" Urinals _Negative Capability...Check It Out!_
"Hologram" Iko _I Am Zero_
"Hologram" Purrbot _Civil Unrest_

introduction & definitions

"Hologram" Katie Herzig _Apple Tree_
"Hologram" These New Puritans _Hidden_
"Hologram" TV Set _Farewell_
"Hologram" The Lennings _Inside_
"Hologram" Lydia Ainsworth _Right From Real_

interview with the Rev Dr Howard Gently

"Hologram" Dirty Ghosts _Let It Pretend_
"Hologram" Yacht _I Thought The Future Would Be Cooler_
"Hologram" Axel Tosca _Axel Tosca_
"Hologram" The Horrors _V_
"Hologram" Tacocat _This Mess Is A Place_

interview with Theophile Jones of the Holograms

"TVC15" David Bowie _Station To Station_
"Gerry & The Holograms" Gerry & The Holograms _7" Up!_
"Dating The Hologram" Ad Frank _The World's Best Ex-Boyfriend_
"Her Hands Were Holograms" Fred Thomas _Kuma_

conclusion & goodbye

"(Un)Happy Hologram" Nits _Knot_

No comments: