Monday, October 11, 2021

Whither Eggs?


In case you didn't know, I do another show, on Freeform Portland, called The Dickenbock Report.  It's very much like Self Help Radio, except there are no interviews, but each show is mostly thematic.  Like last week, the show aired on Bathtub Day, so there were songs about bathtubs & bathing.  I bring this up not to plug another show, but because someone who is aware that I do both shows told me that they preferred the Dickenbock Report to Self Help Radio because "it makes more sense."

It was her way of telling me that she understood why I would play, on the radio, on October 7, which is Bathtub Day, a show about bathtubs.  What she couldn't figure out is why on October 12 I would do a show about eggs.  Is it National Egg Day?  It isn't.  So why?

When I explain that at some point I was listening to some songs & it occurred to me that a show about eggs might be fun (it helped that I knew I could find three hours of music about eggs), she said, "See?  That just doesn't make sense."  Then she added, "Why not tell everyone it's National Egg Day?  No one will ever look it up"

Okay.  I'll give it a shot.  To celebrate National Egg Day*, Self Help Radio presents tonight a show about eggs.  That's midnight to 3am on 90.7fm KBOO Portland & simulcast online at kboo.fm.  Not only will there be plenty of songs of great egg-cellence, but I'll also speak to a lot of eggs-perts about egg-related matters.  If that doesn't yolk you in, I don't know what will!

*I looked it up.  Apparently National Egg Day is actually June 3rd.  Maybe the Dickenbock Report will air on that day next year & I can reuse some of the songs!

No comments: