Saturday, February 19, 2022

Fire Escape


If you ever wander toward my dumb Tumblr page, where I collect the dumb pictures I take, you may notice some recurring themes.  One of them is fire escapes.  I love fire escapes.

On this day in 2020, I took this picture of a fire escape.  Of course the pandemic was just around the corner, & the 19th was a Wednesday, so I was probably on my way to a radio station in the afternoon to do work.  Wednesdays used to be days when I'd go first to KBOO to shelve new releases, & then to XRAY to add digital music to the their library.  Traffic was kinda awful from the BOO to XRAY & doubtless Waze or some other app was taking me a weird way around.  So this picture was taken from a moving vehicle.

Gee I had been in Portland for less than a year & already my life was structured around radio.  That's great.  It still is - maybe even moreso - but I don't get to be in three different stations a week.  & I miss that very much.

No comments: