Monday, May 02, 2022

Whither Honey?

(image from here.)

At first thought, a show about honey seems daunting.  After all, how many songs are there that mention "honey" in the affectionate way one addresses a lover, loved one, or prospective love?  Too many.  So many that I have decided not to include those songs today.  No songs about that kind of honey or people named Honey unless they follow up with imagery about bees or honeycombs or actual honey.  That's an arbitrary rule I've made up to keep myself sane & not require me to listen to four times the number of songs I actually had to listen to.

As for the reason I'm doing the show - it's to help our KBOO during our Spring Membership Drive. Bees are the theme - it's a "hive drive" - & I've done a show about bees.  It seems natural to segue to honey.  & tonight I shall.

PS I saved some songs about honeybees too for tonight's show!

Midnight to 3am.  On 90.7fm & kboo.fm.  Hope you'll bee there, honey!

No comments: