Monday, July 25, 2022

Whither Ponies?


(Found on the internet many years ago, can't remember where.)

A few years back, someone asked me if I had ever done a Self Help Radio episode about horses.  "Horses!" I said. "Oh dear no!  Imagine how many songs there must be about horses!" I was thinking about that requests (I can't remember who made the request though) a few weeks ago when I had stumbled onto another theme for which they were too many songs.

It may seem to you that the more general a theme, the easier the task, since you can pick from a wider assortment of tunes. But that is not the case when one is a completist with not a little bit of an obsessive-compulsive streak.  Ultimately the general themes torture me.  I need to whittle them down.

Thus, my mind went, "That was a tough one, too many songs to go through, glad I'm not doing that again for a while, like the time that person requested horses, holy crap that would be a lot of songs, I don't know if I'd ever do a show about horses, imagine, but if I had to, maybe I could do a show about a type of horse, or perhaps donkeys, or mules, or hey! what about ponies?" My mind began to think of songs for such a show.

How that is resolved you can discover tonight on 90.7fm KBOO Portland, online at kboo.fm, from midnight to 3am. A show about ponies from someone who's never spent much time with ponies. The magic of radio!

No comments: