Sunday, September 25, 2022

Preface To Sizes: How Tall Or Fat Is 4000?


(image from here.)

The show this week will have the theme "sizes."  Which should be fun.  But guess what?  I missed a milestone a couple of days ago, which was: the four thousandth post on this blog!

My first post was written Tuesday, September 12, 2006 - approximately sixteen years ago.  The show was almost four years old, I was 38 years old, & I had no idea that I would still be doing Self Help Radio in 2022 or if I would even be alive.  Almost all the animals I had at that time are gone - only my good friend the black cat Bolan remains from that beautiful menagerie.  I was single then, living with a woman who I think just had a master's degree but no PhD.

Since I didn't take many pictures back in the day, I don't have any specifically from September 12, 2006, but my girlfriend & I had just come back from visiting Chicago, & this is a picture from then:


There's very little gray in that beard. The next couple of years at KOOP would change that!

Anyway, I didn't mean to hijack this post, I just felt like I should note - sixteen years of nonsense on this blog, four thousand posts, & next month it'll be twenty years of Self Help Radio.  Someone needs to make me a cake or something.

Or I'll just do it.

No comments: