Saturday, October 22, 2022

October 22

It was in the late summer or early fall of 2014 when I started taking pictures of things with a cheap little digital camera.  I've discussed why I do it here before - I've mentioned I put those pictures on my personal Facebook account as well as the show's Tumblr page - & I've made a habit of occasionally looking back through those photos & sharing them when I can on the anniversary days of when they were taken.

For some reason, the last few years I've skipped October 22.  I might have taken pictures that day but I didn't save them.  Two years in particular though I saved lots of photos - in 2014 (not represented here) & in 2016, when I was obviously in Garland & took a picture of the street named after me.

You know I could swear I've written about this nondescript street on this blog before but I can't seem to find that page.  Hm.  Anyway, there's a street named after me in Garland.  It's completely unimportant.


In the years I've lived in Portland, I haven't taken (or saved) any pictures on October 22, but I did save this one from 2019.  It was taken in a swell vegan pizza place called Secret Pizza Society.  Can you make out the price?  I think it was 100 bucks.  I almost convinced my wife to buy it!

As if sensing that I didn't take a lot of pictures on this day, I took a few today, but it's getting darker earlier you know.  & my camera is still pretty cheap.

No comments: