Monday, December 05, 2022

Whither Parallels?

(A parallelogram from the Wikipedia)

Months ago I awoke from this dream. I had decided not to go to class. I am decades away from my college experience & still I dream of cutting class. But when I went by the class, I saw that there were very few students there - & the professor looked sad. She beckoned to me to come in, but I said I could not. She said, "Why?" I had no ready excuse so I had to lie. I said, "I need to finish a book report for another class!" She said, "What book?" & I couldn't think so I made one up: Parallel Parking In A Parallel Universe.

When I woke I wished there was a book called that.  But since I am not a writer but a dumb radio show maker I settled on the idea that "parallel" might make a good theme for a radio show.  Many moons later I guess I am ready to present one.

It's happening tonight. Midnight to 3am. On 90.7fm KBOO in Portland & online at kboo.fm. It can only be a good show in one of the parallel universes. Let's hope it's this one.

No comments: