Thursday, June 08, 2023

Whither Perfume?

(my home's most common fragrance - image from here)

My earliest memories of a perfume involve either the ridiculous atomizers that appeared in cartoons - which would pump out noxious pink smoke - or my mother's favorite perfume, which I noticed people would buy her for her birthday or Christmas - which was Charlie. I don't recall my mother ever wearing it, mind you - I don't really know if I ever noticed the way my mother smelled in the 1970s - but boy do I remember those commercials!

Flash forward to years later when I might be dating women who wore perfume - & generally speaking, they didn't. I can only think of one woman I knew who did wear a particular scent & I didn't really like it, though I never felt it was my place to tell her so. After all, she liked it. Wasn't that all that mattered?

Yes, there has been a Self Help Radio about smells. But there were no songs about perfumes on that show. It seemed appropriate to return to one of the senses this week. This is a bit more specific & yet there'll still be discussions of an olfactory nature. & because it's radio you won't know how smelly I truly am,

The show is on from noon to 2pm Portland time on Freeform Portland - which is on the air in town at 90.3+98.3fm & online at Freeform Portland dot org. This one time the show might make scents!

No comments: