Friday, October 06, 2023

Self Help Radio 110523: Painters Painting Revisited (The 21st Anniversary Show)


That was fun! For me, I mean. I don't know if you had any fun. But it's fun for me to have fun at something I've been doing for 21 years now. Not that I sometimes don't have fun doing it. It wasn't as much fun recording the show as doing it live. But I'll keep doing it as long as it's fun. For me. I can't imagine it would be much fun for anyone else.

It is true I am a tad bit proud of myself for having all the songs be about particular artists this time around. How I wish I could've done that in 2006! But better late than never. If only people would write more songs about artists! I am surprised so many I would expect to have not.

Oh well, enough rambling, I have a twenty-second year to get to. You can listen to the show now & anytime at the Self Help Radio website. Please note username & password. That's SHR & selfhelp. Lots of things happened & they are listed below!

Self Help Radio 21st Anniversary Show
"Michelangelo" Slapp Happy _Slapp Happy_
"Max Ernst" Moving Parts _Wrong Conclusion_
"I Like Cezanne" Neil Innes _Recollections 2_

introduction & a snippet from the original 2006 show

"Rembrandt" Fay Lovsky _Cinema_
"Vincent Van Gogh" Jonathan Richman & The Modern Lovers _Rockin' & Romance_
"Velázquez & I" Would-Be-Goods _The Camera Loves Me_
"Salvador Dali's Garden Party" Television Personalities _Privilege_

interview with old KVRX friend Chris Kane

"Trouble With Classicists" Lou Reed & John Cale _Songs For Drella_
"Picasso's Mandolin" Guy Clark _Boats To Build_
"Mark Rothko Song" Dar Williams _The Honesty Room_
"MC Escher" Momus _The Little Red Songbook_

interview with NPR programmer Cody Rockefeller

"Jasper Johns" Comet Gain _Tigertown Pictures_
"Leonardo" Pierce Pettis _Great Big World_
"Painting By Chagall" The Weepies _Say I Am You_
"Ballad Of Winslow Homer" The Dimes _The King Can Drink The Harbour Dry_

interview with painting restorer paint remover Craig Richards

"Song For Frida Kahlo" Tinpan Orange _The Bottom Of The Lake_
"Ode To Banksy" Jesca Hoop _The House That Jack Built_
"Marcel Duchamp" Pete Bentham & The Dinner Ladies _I Heart Here_
"Francis Bacon Slashed The Canvas" MC Lars _Lars Attacks!_

our favorite librarian Carole stops by!

"Jackson Pollock" Soft Cough _Soft Cough_
"Mondrian" Turtlenecked _Pure Plush Bone Cage_
"Botticelli's Venus" Bellows _Next Of Kin_
"O'Keeffe" Tracyanne & Danny _Tracyanne & Danny_

conclusion + goodbye plus a surprise phone call from Chuck!

"The Ruben's Room" The King Of Luxembourg _Royal Bastard_
"Modigliani (Lost In Your Eyes)" Book Of Love _Book Of Love_

No comments: