Monday, February 26, 2024

Damo

(image from here)

Someone I know who does radio refuses to devote shows to musicians who've just passed - they refer to such programs as "obituary shows." The truth is, for the longest time I've featured many such shows as themes on Self Help Radio, but it's not always the most convenient way to showcase the artists & demonstrate the love & respect I have for them.

Luckily I now do a show on KBOO called Corporate Standardized Programming where I can take the time to properly commemorate these musicians I love who have left us. & I fully intended to do that for Damo Suzuki on tonight's show...

When I heard someone on XRAY do a pretty similar show last week.  You can listen to it here.

What I'll do is take some time tonight - maybe the last hour - to play some Can tunes. & maybe one day I'll be able to work out a fitting tribute to the great Damo Suzuki. I was so enraptured by his vocals when I first discovered them. It was like hearing a brand new way of singing - or someone playing a wholly new instrument. He was amazing.

No comments: