Thursday, February 29, 2024

Whither One More?

(image from here)

That image above is a bit inscrutable if you don't click the link to learn "What Is A Leap Year?" The only real reason to have it up there is to explain why Self Help Radio today has the theme "one more." Because 2024 is a leap year, & because Self Help Radio is on the air on February 29 this year, & because a leap year has one more day than usual, the theme is "one more." That's the reason. You don't have to tell me it's kinda dumb, I know it. It just feels more dumb explaining it.

Although did you look at that page?  There's a link in the middle that says "Why Mars has more leap years than Earth." I suppose at some point I might click on it & read it but am I the only person that didn't know that there were calendars on Mars? When was that decided? People on this planet don't all use the same calendar! The Jewish calendar uses a "leap month," & the Islamic calendar just uses the moon. Whose calendar is used on Mars? This is kinda freaking me out.

Nonetheless. There will be an episode of Self Help Radio today on Freeform Portland. The theme is one more. Despite it being an extra day, the show will have the same format - music & interviews. You can listen in Portland at 90.3+98.3fm. You can listen everywhere, no matter what calendar you use, at Freeform Portland dot org.

Were I clever, I'd have more thing to say right now. But you know I am not.

No comments: