Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Only Lovers Left Alive


That's the name of a Jim Jarmusch film. It's a film I enjoyed. It's also what I called this picture taken on this day in 2017. It's in Ridgelea Hills Park, which was a place we walked the dogs every day for hm maybe three years? It's also a place I will probably never see again.

The park rose above a moderately busy street & the bench overlooked that street & the neighborhood to the east, separated I think by railroad tracks. It wasn't too great a view, but everything is beautiful to those who are in love.

Two dogs who no longer exist were with us probably every time we walked through that park. I remember the last walk with one of those dogs. Time is a fucked-up thing. I'd go back to that park in a second if I thought I could find them there. I carry the memories of them everywhere I go.

No comments: