Friday, June 21, 2024

This Week In Self Help (June 15 16 + 18 2024)

My cat Boone says hello?!?

Here is a late Friday reminder of the radio stuff I did this past week, shared at a time when it's guaranteed no one will see it. Which is probably for the best.

If you turned on Freeform Portland randomly this week, you might have heard an "evergreen" program I made in support of their current fundraiser. Though I am not doing a show there at the moment, I still volunteer & am glad to help. Holy shit it's playing as I am writing this! That's freaky. Anyway, you may have heard it as you listened but if you'd like to hear the show, you can find it directly here. Please make use of the username SHR & the password selfhelp to access. & if you are feeling generous & love the station as much as I & its wonderful volunteers do, perhaps think of becoming a Friend Of Freeform?

The Dickenbock Report aired at its regular time. It was a show about fudge because it was National Fudge Day. Listen to it at this link (same username/password conditions apply). Or listen to it at the XRAY web page. Or wait don't. It doesn't appear to be there. I wonder what happened. I got very little feedback about it. I was happy to find so many songs about fudge that I liked.

On Corporate Standardized Programming I played a bunch of new releases. Listen to that show here. The KBOO website is still having issues or else I'd like there too.

& finally Self Help Radio was another celebration of the wit & wisdom of the Rev Dr Howard Gently. You can listen to it here. We'll return to him in like three months. As wonderful as it is to hear my dear friend's voice & enjoy his brilliance, it does take it out of me a bit. But gosh I am so glad he made so many appearances on my show!

No comments: