Monday, July 29, 2024

Whither Catastrophe?

(image by Paul Davis from here)

Most of the time I'm not entirely sure where the ideas for my radio shows come from. Usually it's something I notice in songs I've been listening to - a strange, unexpected repetition of an idea, a word, a phrase. Lots of times it's something more direct - I wanna do a show about this. Rarely - too rarely - it's something someone suggested. I wish I got more suggestions. But lots of times I just can't remember. I write down (or create a folder on my computer) the word or phrase that's the idea for the theme & can't recall why I did that.

But I suspect I know when I thought I should do a show about catastrophe. The show isn't political, though I obviously have my political leanings. I think I thought "catastrophe" might be a good theme when I finally saw clips of Joe Biden in the June debate with the other guy. The four years that other guy was President were not happy years for me. I saw Biden's performance as the prelude to an electoral catastrophe. One the country might not survive. & most probably my brain said, "Wallow in this, you fool. Make a show about it."

It does not matter that the likelihood of such a catastrophe has been reduced. I don't mind when my negative predictions don't come true. But I am stuck with a show about catastrophe. & don't worry! says my sadistic brain. Something sufficiently catastrophic will happen soon enough!

It could be tonight's show! Midnight to 2am on 90.7fm in town & online at kboo dot fm. Be safe. Sleep through it.

No comments: