Monday, September 30, 2024

Whither Oysters?

(Image from here)

Just to get it out of the way - I did a show about pearls a long time ago. In the fourth year of this show! The playlist is here. Pearls seem like a good theme, yes? Oysters not so much. But was that what attracted me to the idea of a radio show about oysters?

Dang I wish I could tell you. I myself don't eat seafood & back when I was forced to by my mother I never had an oyster. Until this show I believe most of what I knew about oysters was from cartoons. But at some point in the past I thought the theme of oysters might be a good idea. I created a folder on my computer which is how most ideas for shows start. & I began to fill it with songs about oysters. Suddenly there were enough for a show!

That's not very satisfying which is sad because some people think oysters are very important when it comes to a certain kind of satisfaction. My sister tells me she's allergic to seafood. I will assume by the transitive genetic property that that's true for me, too. So I guess I'll never know about the power of oysters.

Unless I do a radio show about them? Tune it tonight from midnight to 2am on 90.7fm in Portland & online everywhere at kboo dot fm to find out with me. Not in a creepy sexual way! That sounded like I was hitting on you I totally wasn't. Oh my gosh.

No comments: