Monday, July 20, 2026

Whither Corruption?

A illustration of the bottom right hand corner of a computer keyboard where the shift key is replaced by a green key labeled corruption.
(image found here)

As tempted as I am to be sarcastic - "I can't for the life of me imagine what is happening in this world that would make me think the theme 'corruption' would come to me at this time." - it's pretty obvious why anyone is talking about corruption these days. It used to be something we needed to have organizations, task forces, some kind of group - in the government & out - to root out, to discover, to bring from the back rooms where the deals were made into the light of day. But now it's happening in plain sight. Everyone knows it & sees it, & it's defended or condemned on a partisan basis. It's terrifying & concerning.

& please don't think this dumb radio show will offer any real insights or solutions. Mainly I'll be playing songs where the subject matter is corruption - & none of the songs will be recent enough to address the current situation. It's just that the word "corruption" is literally spoken or written dozens of time a day (if not hundreds) & how could I not pull that theme out of the air & make a radio show about it?

So I shall. Tonight, Self Help Radio's theme is "corruption." The show on from midnight to 2am on 90.7fm in Portland, kboo dot fm everywhere.

Or maybe it won't be. If, you know, you wanna make an offer I can't refuse...

No comments: