Random thoughts & other unrelated information from the dude who does "Self Help Radio" - a radio show which originated in Austin, Texas & now makes noise in Portland, Oregon. Listen to new & old shows & look at playlists at selfhelpradio.net.
Monday, September 14, 2026
Whither Howard Gently To Infinity?
From 2014 to 2021, my friend Russell appeared on Self Help Radio in improvised bits based on the show's theme as my spiritual mentor The Rev Dr Howard Gently. Russell left us in 2023. It was very hard, he was one of my best friends & someone I had known since I was 12 or 13. He was also the funniest person I've ever known.
Though my count is probably off, I am estimating one-hundred sixty five appearances of Howard Gently in interviews over those seven years, plus a final pair of messages he made for my twentieth anniversary show in 2022. Since his death, I have played those appearances in chronological order every three months on Self Help Radio. Tonight's episode will be the last.
You can listen tonight starting at midnight on KBOO: 90.7fm in Portland, kboo dot fm everywhere. One last time for Russell as Dr Gently to improve my show with his creativity, quick thinking, & humor.

No comments:
Post a Comment