Monday, March 19, 2007

Two Times The Monday Wrap-Ups At Four Times The Price

Well, another "Sowf By Sowf Vest" has gone by & what have we learned? That's a rhetorical question. I spent most of the weekend doing yard work.

Since I missed two weeks of wrap-ups, let's go ahead & share two whole weeks of haikus & limericks.

First: my "SXSW" show. Haiku winners, from fourth to first place:

FOURTH PLACE: Joe
Here is the lost man
He can’t find the Austin bar
He’s playing tonight

THIRD PLACE: Gail
You feel unwanted?
Remember: you did not get
An invitation.

SECOND PLACE: Dave
Watch the grand monkey
He’s overstimulated
There’s too much to do!

FIRST PLACE: Stacy
A heart left behind
No lights capture drunken sleep
Bed of my own filth

& a limerick:

It’s said that the best of the best
Come here during South By Southwest
    But once you’ve attended
    & cash you have spended
You’ll see they’re as bad as the rest.

Yippee!

Last week was a tribute to Molly Ivins. Here are the winning haikus:

FOURTH PLACE: Susan
Never met, now gone
Strange an emptiness appears
Missing someone's words

THIRD PLACE: John
Rules are gonna change
If there's no beer in heaven
She'll brew the first batch

SECOND PLACE: Marcos
Like the best ideas
Both familiar & new, she
Made me laugh & think

FIRST PLACE: Rachel
Molly Molly I
Made me laugh & made me cry
Good Molly goodbye

What? Another limerick? Sure:

If life's all about survivin'
Cheatin', backstabbin', connivin',
    How sad that our poor sphere
    Has less to fight with here
Losing dear old Molly Ivins.

& lo & behold: the "Song Of The Day" returns. I was feeling electronical today & was listening to The Black Dog - specifically the record Silenced. I thought you might like to hear some too. This is the first track, called Trojan Horus (Part 1) & you can click on it to hear it. It'll be up for two weeks, until April 2 2007.

This week: I learned how to speak Michiganese to explain to you why my show this week is about Michigan!

No comments: