Thursday, August 01, 2013

Preface To Midnight: Did You Ever Read That Witching Hour Comic?

I got this from the Wikipedia entry:
When I was a kid, my brothers brought home all manner of comic book - this was in the 1970s, when comics were put on newstands willy-nilly, so the weekly haul might be war comic heavy, or super-hero heavy (I liked that most of all), or sometimes horror comic heavy.  These were watered down Comics Code horror comics, like the one shown above, & despite my desire as a kid to read everything put in front of me, I didn't really enjoy these types of comics.  Not scary enough?  I don't know.

I've gone back & read a few from the 1950s, but mainly because Steve Ditko was drawing them.  His art makes everything worth reading.

But comics like "The Witching Hour": Did you ever read them?  Did you like them?

No comments: