Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Self Help Radio 131101: A Tribute To Lou Reed

I paid tribute to Lou Reed on my show on Friday.  I played a few songs "about" him, & a lot of people whom he had influenced covering his songs.

The show is now available for you to listen to on the Self Help Radio web page.  It's divided into two parts, & you can click on these links to get directly to them: part one | part two.  The list of the songs I played is below.

It may seem a shabby tribute to someone whose music is responsible for me loving music as much as I do.  It was, however, the best I could do.

(part one)

"The Velvet Underground" CJ Buchanan _Lives Of The Saints_
"Sunday Morning" Glenn Mercer _Wheels In Motion_
"Perfect Day" Kirsty MacColl & Evan Dando _Galore_

"Velvet Underground" Jonathan Richman _I, Jonathan_
"White Light/White Heat" The Professionals _I Didn't See It Coming_
"I Can't Stand It" Hot Rats _Turn Ons_
"Sweet Jane (Live)" Gang Of Four _Entertainment!_
"Waiting For The Man" Eater _The Complete Eater_

"I Sat On The Edge Of My Bed & I Sang You Velvet Underground Songs" Catnaps _Why Don't You Whisper?_
"Femme Fatale" Tracey Thorn _A Distant Shore_
"Here She Comes Now" 800 Cherries _Romantico_
"Pale Blue Eyes" Paul Quinn & Edwyn Collins _Pale Blue Eyes_
"Oh! Sweet Nuthin'" Bry Webb _Friends In Bellwoods_

"Velvet Underground" Television Personalities _My Dark Places_
"She's My Best Friend" The Wedding Present _Singles 1989-1991_
"I Found A Reason" The Ladybug Transistor _Rabid Chords 002: Tribute To The Velvet Underground_

(part two)

"After Hours" The June Brides _Every Conversation: The Story Of Phil Wilson & The June Brides_
"Walk On The Wild Side" Kendra Morris _Mockingbird_

"Satellite Of Love" Color Filter _Sleep In A Synchrotron_
"All Tomorrows Parties" Pulnoc _City Of Hysteria_
"I'm Sticking With You" The Decemberists _Always The Bridesmaid: A Singles Series_
"I'll Be Your Mirror" Rainy Day _Rainy Day_

"Lou Reed" The Little Willies _The Little Willies_
"Temptation Inside Your Heart" Morning Benders _The Bedroom Covers_
"What Goes On" Slumber Party _Covers Up
"Foggy Notion" Jane Wiedlin _American Velvet: A Tribute To The Velvet Underground_
"Lady Godiva's Operation" Ergo Phizmiz & His Orchestra _White Light/White Heat_

"Candy Says" Angelfish _Angelfish_
"Make Up (feat. Boy George)" British Electric Foundation _Music Of Quality & Distinction, Vol. 3_
"I'm Set Free" Yo La Tengo _Genius + Love = Yo La Tengo_

No comments: