Friday, November 01, 2013

Whither A Tribute To Lou Reed?

It's the least I can do.  All week long folks at the station have been playing Lou Reed & Velvet Underground songs.  I'm sure it's been happening all over the world, except on commercial radio stations, where they're probably only playing "Walk On The Wild Side," since that's his "hit."

I'm going to play a few songs about Lou Reed & lots of covers.  There's that thing Eno said about not many people buying The Velvet Underground & Nico but everyone that did formed a band.  Well, I'm going to play some of those bands tonight - the ones who were inspired enough to cover Lou Reed songs.

It's happening from ten to midnight on 88.1 fm in Lexington, & online at wrfl dot fm.  & I'll probably play a cover of "Walk On The Wild Side"!

No comments: