Friday, December 13, 2013

Whither Gary's Favorite Music 2013

Every year, the same old thing.  I sometimes think I should do this like a list or a countdown - but that's so hard to do.  Until I time myself - I must've listened to this record one hundred times but it seems I only listened to it ninety-three times! - I'll never know how to numerically represent my favorites.  I do know (like I talked about yesterday) you're not going to hear the things every seems to agree were the BEST of 2013.  I don't even agree with something as democratic (but with metalheads over-representing) as rate your music dot com, which has Sigur Ros, Peter Brotzmann, & Boards of Canada in the top three slots.  & even though I really haven't listened to any of those, I think it's safe to say those are better than Kanye West, Miley Cyrus, & Vampire Weekend, who are all supported by giant corporations who give critics all the copies they want, plus other swag, for free.  No wonder they end up on year-end lists!

I'm too cynical.  Listen to me say night things about bands I love tonight from ten p.m. to midnight on 88.1 fm in Lexington & online at wrfl dot fm.  I found so much music that I loved that I might add more to the show when I finally put it up at the Self Help Radio website.

No comments: