Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Big Changes In Store For Self Help Radio!

I am making three changes to Self Help Radio starting next week.  Those changes are:

1) Self Help Radio will no longer be on WRFL after this Friday.

I hope you couldn't tell in the radio shows, but I have not been having much fun doing Self Help Radio on WRFL for a little while now.  It seemed time for a break.  There's always a possibility I'll return to that fine station at some point, but for now the show will be exclusive to the Self Help Radio website.  Which brings me to:

2) A new Self Help Radio every Friday at noon.

I'll do my level best to make sure there's a new Self Help Radio every Friday at noon.  I'll be announcing it here, on the Self Help Radio Twitter feed, on the Self Help Radio Facebook page, & maybe I'll make sure to add a blinking gif that says NEW! when I add a new show.*

3) Shorter, pithier Self Help Radio shows.

I would probably do a three-hour Self Help Radio if I could (like this one) but I've been thinking I've felt the show was best when it was around ninety minutes long.  So starting with the January 17th show, I'll be aiming for only an hour & a half or so of SHR.  Of course, I won't be constrained by artificial time limits or selfish deejays playing too-long final songs or pushy coming-on-next deejays fading my songs out - but the show will only be longer if the themes suggest to me I should be.  (Or maybe shorter too?)

4) Wait, didn't you say there were only three changes to Self Help Radio?

Oh yeah.

5) I just like numbered lists, I can't help it.

I hope everyone listens to my last RFL show this Friday at ten pm.  You should!  It's my birthday show, & if you listen to it, you don't have to get me a present.

* That's a terrible idea.

No comments: