Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Self Help Radio 030414: Castles

Self Help Radio week continues!  & so far, no one's threatened to beat me up!

As I was listening to these songs about castles, I was wondering if I have ever been in a castle.  I think I have - when I was a child.  Not so much in my adulthood.  I don't think I've ever even been in a White Castle.  But there are lots of good songs about castles!

The show is available for listening now now now at Self Help Radio Castle.  If you can't wait for the drawbridge to lower, you may go there directly by clicking the following links: first part | second part.  A castle full of songs is listed below!

Thanks for listening!  Sorry it's so drafty in here!

(part one)

"My Castle's Rockin'" Alberta Hunter _The Women Of Classic Jazz: Female Artists 1939-1952_
"Bethlehem Castle" The Jacobites _The Ragged School_
"Queen Of Sandcastles" The Sporting Life _ A House Full Of Friends_
"Castle Of Nothing" Rollin Hunt _The Phoney_

"Paper Castle" Rotary Connection _Collecting Peppermint Clouds Vol. 1_
"Castles In The Sky" Blonde On Blonde _Circus Days UK Pop-Sike Obscurities 1966-1970_
"The Castle" Love _Da Capo_
"Castles In The Air" Colour Field _Virgins & Philistines_
"The Abandoned Castle Of My Soul" The Gothic Archies _The New Despair_

"Castles In Spain" Armoury Show _Waiting For The Floods_
"Castles Of Wales" The Scotland Yard Gospel Choir _...And The Horse You Rode In On_

(part two)

"She Lives By The Castle" Felt _Poem Of The River_
"Castle Train" Easy _Magic Seed_
"Castles In The Grave" John Maus _A Collection Of Rarities & Previously Unreleased Material_

"Gruesome Castle" The Wake _Here Comes Everybody + Singles_
"The Golden Castle" Watoo Watoo _Seven Summers (International Pop Vol. 2)_
"Clogged Castle" Boat _50 Sweaty Boat Fans Can't Be Wrong_
"Skull Castle Decorator" Bill Baird _Diamond Eyepatch_
"The Castle" The Lovely Eggs _Wildlife_

"The Turqoise Castle" The Dentists _Dressed_
"Cardboard Castles" James Kirk _You Can Make It If You Boogie_
"The Castle" Cocoanut Groove _Madeleine Street_

2 comments:

tania said...

hello gary! i found your blog. again. hello!!!!!

tania said...

holla!