Thursday, July 24, 2014

Whither Backwards?

I kinda spend all day Thursday working on my show for Friday.  This is because I am a magnificent procrastinator, & because, like all procrastinators, I believe I work well under pressure.  It's really only because I have been doing this for like twelve years (Self Help Radio, that is) & I've developed a system that I get anything done at all.

I don't really work all day on my show, though.  I do work in bits & pieces, & then, suddenly, it's 11pm, & I guess I'm done.  All right then.  Oh yeah.  Write in the blog.

I can't remember why I thought a backwards show would be fun.  Maybe that Eno song?  Or the Throwing Muses song?  Or the similarly-titled Secret History song?  Whatever.  I got enough stuff together for a two-hour-long backwards show.  Plus I'll talk to my ridiculous friends, who are pretending to be people they're not.  That's fun.

Tomorrow from 7 to 9 am on 88.1 fm in Lexington, online everywhere there's a long enough cord at wrfl dot fm.  I'll have it up by noon so you don't have to wake.  Anyway, you're just lying to me & saying you'll listen.  You never do.

No comments: