Thursday, February 26, 2015

Whither Mellow?

Painting by Ryan Connor, taken from here

Why do a show about the concept of mellow?

To challenge myself.  To try to do something the opposite of what I am.  For I am not mellow.  It is very unlikely you will ever come across me in a mellow state.  I am uptight.  Worried.  Anxious.  Concerned.  Ill at ease.  Restless.

Let me see this week how the other half exists.  Let me celebrate a state of mind (sometimes drug-induced) that is an unfamiliar to me as languages of which I know just a few words.  Because I think the possibility exists that I could one day mellow out.  Become more mellow.  & perhaps a show that's mellow can be the first step in that process.

Unless I don't want to be mellow?  Unless it turns out it's an undesirable condition?

But how else will I know?  A show about mellowness, then, shall be like exploratory surgery.  Let's get in there & have a look around.  What could possibly go wrong?

Tomorrow morning from 7-9 am on 88.1 fm WRFL in Lexington proper.  Online at wrfl dot fm in the world improper.

You don't need to be mellow to listen.  At least, I hope not!

No comments: