Sunday, July 19, 2015

Sunday Gone

Bear with me, please, as I get a handle on this "blogging during the weekend" process.  It's not something I usually do.  Usually, my show ends on Saturday mornings, so I spend the weekend decompressing & sometimes recording my fake interviews with my buddies for the show.  But no!  I have a show in less than 48 hours so I need to get cracking!

But instead, what I did today, which is something I do more & more as I get older & older, is napped.  I napped for like three hours today.  I napped with a little chihuahua attached to me like a weird growth, I napped & didn't remember any of my dreams which seemed somewhat important when I was waking up, I napped while a hot & humid Lexington afternoon happened without me.

I did nap after I mowed the lawn.  Most of the lawn.  Most of the backyard, actually.  When I looked on my phone - & I was sweating so much there was more moisture outside my body than inside - it said, "92 degrees.  Feels like 108 degrees.  You moron."  At that point, I threw in the towel, which was wet anyway from mopping up my interminable sweat.

Maybe I deserved my nap.  My wife certainly didn't think so.  She rolled her eyes at me, made me put sunscreen on her, & finished the job.  I sat & let me body sweat for another forty-five minutes until I was properly desiccated, then I napped.  I napped!

It might have actually been appropriate to write in this blog at that point.  But instead, I napped.

Since I slept so much, I won't be able to go to sleep tonight till late.  Damn it.

No comments: