Sunday, December 20, 2015

Cradle To Grave (Episode Five)


My other radio show, called Cradle To Grave, aired last night, & I forgot to mention it on social media.  My bad!  I get caught up in dumb life.  But I think it was a lot of fun.

One of the treats of doing the show is that I can celebrate musicians that mean a great deal to me, & last night featured the birthday of one of my heroes, Phil Ochs, are well as the death anniversary of one of the top ten greatest blues artists ever, Blind Lemon Jefferson.  But there's much, much more.

The show is now at the Self Help Radio website for you to be listening to at your earliest inconvenience.  I recommend looking at the page for password/username info.  It's right there, it's no secret.  The show is divided in two parts, one for birthdays, the other for sad days of death, & what's in each part is listed below.

Please to enjoy.

(part one: birthdays)

"Stomp Off Let's Go" Erskine Tate's Vendome Orchestra _The History Of Jazz: Chicago That Toddlin' Town_
"Riverside Blues" Lu Watters' Yerba Buena Jazz Band _The Good Time Jazz Story: San Francisco_
"L'Accordeoniste" Edith Piaf _Blue Skies: 45 Hits From The 30s & 40s_

"Sparkling Blue Eyes" Bill Carlisle _From The Vaults: Decca Country Classics 1934-1973_
"Country Boy" Little Jimmy Dickens _The History Of Country & Western Music: 1949_
"Rehearsals For Retirement" Phil Ochs _Rehearsals For Retirement_
"I'd Love To Change The World" Ten Years After _A Space In Time_

"Mardi Gras In New Orleans" Professor Longhair _Gettin' Funky: The Birth Of New Orleans R&B_
"This Here" Bobby Timmons _This Here Is Bobby Timmons_
"Teasin'" Cornell Dupree _Teasin'_
"Mighty Mighty" Earth, Wind & Fire _Open Your Eyes_
"Hurry Hurry" New Birth _Love Potion_
"Best Of Friends" Twennynine with Lenny White _Best Of Friends_

"Side Car Cycle" Charlie Ryan & The Timberline Riders _Side Car Cycle_
"Do You Believe In Magic?" The Lovin' Spoonful _Do You Believe In Magic?_

(part two: death anniversaries)

"I Want To Be Like Jesus In My Heart" Blind Lemon Jefferson _The Rough Guide To Blind Lemon Jefferson_
"Sleepy Time Gal" Gene Austin _Voice Of The Southland_
"On The Road Again" Floyd Jones _The Chronological Floyd Jones: 1948-1953_
"That's All Right" Jimmy Rogers _Blues Greats_
"Gotta Serve Somebody" Pops Staples _Don't Lose This_

"That's My Kind Of Love" Marion Worth _Marion Worth's Greatest Hits_
"Drivin' Nails In My Coffin" Ernest Tubb _Walking The Floor Over You_
"Older Guys" Flying Burrito Brothers _Burrito Deluxe_
"Sittin' Here Drinking" Christine Kittrell _Night Train To Nashville: Music City Rhythm & Blues, 1945-1970_
"Like The Weather" 10,000 Maniacs _In My Tribe_

"Winin'" Art Hodes With Milt Hinton _Just The Two Of Us_
"El Hombre" Pat Martino _El Hombre_
"Wah Wah Man" Young-Holt Unlimited _What It Is! Funky Soul & Rare Grooves (1967-1977)_

No comments: