Tuesday, February 02, 2016

Whither Regret?

(I found this image here.)*

The one thing I will try not to regret today is constantly using the word "regret" during the show.  This will be very difficult for me, as I am prone to working the theme into every damn dumb thing I say during the show.  I would be such a great hacky comedian!  (That's a contradiction I know.  I regret even saying it.)

Okay, I'll stop.  But the show is appropriate - & it's weird that I haven't done a show about regrets before - because regret is in the top four emotions that I feel on a regular basis.  I don't know if it's genetic - members of my family appear to be more forward-looking than I - but it often keeps me up at night, this regretting I do.  Then I regret all the time I waste regretting.  & on & on.

Maybe I'll regret doing a show about regret, but probably not.  Who knows?  You can regret listening to it (I know, it's the same every week) if you want this afternoon from 4-6pm on 88.1 fm in Lexington, & online at the same regretful time at wrfl dot fm.

Regrets - I've had a few - but no, I won't be playing that song today.  Regretfully.

* If you go to this website, you'll read lots of information about regret & recovery, some of which may be of interest to you.  What they surely ought to regret is the title: "Regret & It's Role In Recovery."  It irks me when people mistake the contraction "it's" for the possessive "its."  It's just so easy!  Say "it is" when you see "it's"!  Now, people often say, "But it's like when I say Joe's or Bill's."  That's true - until you remember that its is a word like his, hers, yours, & theirs.  & it's very rare to see those written as hi's, her's, your's, & their's, isn't it?  Anyway, people in recovery have more things to worry about, but boy does that mistake get my goat.

No comments: