Wednesday, February 03, 2016

Self Help Radio 020216: Regret

(Original image here.)

One thing I regret about doing a show about regret is that I used the word regret way too much in a joking way all throughout the show.  I'd say, "I regret to inform you," or describe the show as "regrettable," or say things like, "I wish I hadn't done that."  I probably killed that joke within the first two times I said it, & then I just kicked it like the proverbial dead horse all through the show.  & even now I am saying I regret it which is also part of the overkill.  Arrgh!

Ah well.  It was appropriate.  Lots of regret on the show.  Lots of songs about regretting & not regretting.  A children's author who writes & draws stories about an egret named Regret.  A not-self-help author who claims that regret helps, rather than hurts, you.  A spiritual man who rejects regret.  & a Hollywood gadabout whose regrets could fill more than one show about regret.  There's so much regret that frankly I'm kind of glad I did it.

What?  I know!

The show is over at the Self Help Radio website.  It's in two parts.  What's in the two parts is on the web page, or you can see the playlist below.

Listen.  You won't regret it!  You will regret it!

(part one)

"Why Regret" Cozy Cole _1944-1945_
"Regretting" Sabby Lewis & The Vibra-Tones _Hit The Road, Jack: The ABC-Paramount Story_
"Remember & Regret" Sonny Burns _A Real Cool Cat: The Starday Recordings_

"No Regrets" Little Willie John _The King Sessions_
"No Regrets" House Of Commons _The History Of Michigan Garage Bands In The 60s, Vol. 1: The Wheels 4 Label Story_
"No Regrets" M.P.D. Limited _Oz Beat Frenzy! Rare & Unknown 60s Garage, Vol. 1_
"I Pray Every Day You Won't Regret Loving Me" David Ruffin _The Complete Motown Singles, Vol. 9: 1969_

"Lifetime To Regret" George Jones _The Voice Of Country_
"I'll Regret It All In The Morning" Richard & Linda Thompson _Hokey Pokey_
"Teen Age Regrets" Sisterhood _I'm Just The Other Woman! MSR Madness Vol. 4_
"No Regrets" The Walker Brothers _The Walker Brothers: The Singles_

"Regrets" Eurthymics _Touch_

(part two)

"Miss Otis Regrets" Kirsty MacColl & The Pogues _Galore_
"Regrets A Second Time" Jenny Adkins _Regrets A Second Time_
"No Regrets" Half Man Half Biscuit _No Regrets_

"Regret" Sultans _Shipwrecked_
"No Regrets" King Khan & The Shrines _What Is?!_
"No Regrets" Von Bondies _Pawn Shoppe Heart_
"Sweat Loaf" Butthole Surfers _Locust Abortion Technician_

"No Regrets" The Brunettes _Mars Loves Venus_
"Regret Sets In" Silver Scooter _The Other Palm Springs_
"Je Regrette, Je Regrette" Carl Barat _Carl Barat_
"Regret" Marsheaux _Peek-A-Boo_

"I Regret" Soul Merchants _1985-1987_
"Regret" Ceremony _Rocket Fire_
"Do You Have Any Regrets" Darian _Do You Have Any Regrets_

No comments: