Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Whither Indiepop A To Z # 52

(This image has nothing to do with the show, I just liked it.  I found it here.)

On last week's show, when I was announcing this week's show, I said, "I think we're in the letter K."  I was talking about my interminable "indiepop a to z" series, which tonight will air its fifty-second episode.  I feel bad about saying that, because in fact tonight, we will start to wind down the letter L.  But that's the nature of this series, which I will probably never finish: I don't even remember what place I'm at until I sit down & go, Oh yeah right, I finished K.  Okay.

As always, there'll be great music by bands I consider "indiepop" as well as bands that influenced the genre.  As always, I'll stress that indiepop is an actual genre of music while everyone else refers to music that sounds like commercial radio pop but is put out by obscure or small labels as "indiepop."  They win, because no one is paying attention to me.  But of course I think the music I like is much, much better.

Listen then to the last Self Help Radio of 2016 tonight from 9-11pm eastern, 8-10pm central on 93.9 fm WLXU in Lexington & online at Lexington Community Radio.  I know I'll be listening.

No comments: