Sunday, September 24, 2017

Meet My Pets (Again?) # 7: Boone

Boone is the second animal we adopted while we were in Kentucky.  I told the story of finding him previously on the blog.

The "scabbed-over sore on his foot" turned out to be a bite & it was infected.  To treat it, the vet who neutered him gave him antibiotics; that didn't work.  Our regular vet actually removed the skin from around the bite & let the skin & hair grow back naturally.  It was freaky but it saved his life.

He's our youngest cat & he was so brave, coming out to meet two big humans walking three annoying dogs, but he's the shyest cat we have.  He's got a sweet quiet meow, he doesn't feel the need to gulp all his food at one time (so he begs for food all day long), & he loves to play & cuddle.  I think that night we brought him home I knew we'd keep him.  I was worried that he might have FIV or feline leukemia but so far his biggest issue is that he's allergic to flea bites, so we make him wear a flea collar.

Did I mention he was unbearably sweet?  Because he is.  Just too too sweet.

No comments: