Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Whither Guilt?

(Image from here.)

Let me tell you, there is no end to the websites online talking about guilt.  You are left with the impression that it's a common condition humans suffer from, a condition from which we are constantly seeking relief.

& of course I understand but the truth is, I probably wouldn't have done this particular show about guilt if I hadn't been listening to the new Manitoba Rock n Rolla record, Self Entitled.  There's a song on it called "Southern Baptist Guilt" that I liked which made me think, Why don't I do an entire show about guilt?

As I previously noted, a couple of days ago, I am not going to play songs which talk about being "guilty," to better focus on the state of guilt itself.  There were enough good songs to do this.  Now I have to plan a show about being guilty.  Look for it around 2021.  It does mean I can't play that new National song.  But oh well.

Tonight's Self Help Radio is on from 8-10pm central, 9-11pm eastern on 93.9 fm WLXU in Kentucky & online there & everywhere at Lexington Community Radio dot org.  You might feel a little guilt if you miss it, so why not just listen & immerse yourself in guilt?

No comments: