Friday, April 05, 2019

Whither The Days Of The Week?

(They had one for each day of the week, but my camera wasn't wide enough to get all seven.)

The idea for this show was a song by Bubblegum Lemonade from their record The Great Leap Backward.  There's a song called "Wishing It Were Friday" & I was thinking, that's a cool idea, right?  A show featuring songs that mention more than one day of the week?  That song mentions Monday through Friday.

But the more I started looking, the more I came to realize that just random days of the week - say, a song that only mentions Tuesday & Friday - would be pretty easy to find.  Maybe they had to mention five or more days - that would include "Lady Madonna" & "Seven Day Weekend" & "W.E.E.K.E.N.D." - all songs I thought about immediately when I decided on the theme.

Alas, my need to challenge myself led me to finally say, "No! All the days of the week!"  & that's what it's going to be.  Sorry it's late.  It might be worth the wait?  Probably not.

Tomorrow at noon at the Self Help Radio website.  A show on Saturday that features every day of the week.  Because it could've happened any day, you know.

No comments: