Tuesday, June 04, 2019

Baby Steps

So... I thought I had kinda cool news to tell you today...  I wanted to confirm it before I said anything...  You know how I told you yesterday I was going to shadow another deejay & I was technically allowed to sub at a station in Portland?  I thought I had been assigned a show to sub.  But I did ask the Program Manager & was told that actually, someone else took the show.

What I did do today is read an underwriting announcement & do a legal ID on the air.  It marks my first appearance on Portland radio.  Wanna hear it?

Well you can't.  Alas, it was in-between pre-recorded programming & the station does not archive that (since, you know, the program is available at its source).

Still, I was oddly nervous, & a little freaked out.  I mixed up the running order that was suggested to me - totally unconsciously - & then I was afraid I would be taken as contrary.

This particular place, I'm not entirely sure what's going on behind the scenes, but the programmers have all been quite nice.  They certainly enjoy what they're doing.

As soon as I know when or if I'll be on the air, I will let you know.  I thought it would be today!  It was not.

No comments: