Monday, June 03, 2019

Impatience

Just a few minutes ago, I got an email from a station in town inviting me to a training session is two weeks.  Two weeks!  That's forever from now!

Tomorrow I'll go sit in at another station to get more familiar with their set-up because I am now qualified to sub there.  I'm hoping to get a chance to get on the air a bit before I even think about suggesting I do an actual show.

& I met someone who's involved at a third station, & he recommended I fill out a volunteer application online, & so I did, this weekend.  I haven't heard anything from them yet.

That's the problem.  I haven't been here for a month & I am so impatient for things to start happening.  Which is crazy because I waited over a year to get a show at KNON!

What's different is that these stations have orientations & directors who are tasked to communicate with & do outreach to get volunteers.  That was not present in Dallas.

More than anything I guess I'd love to have something more to do right now.  A reason to be out & about, a reason to explore.

But I can calm down a bit.  I have two things in the next two weeks & hopefully that will tide me over.

Also, you know, I live in a cool city now & I'm sure I'll find other stuff to do.

No comments: