Monday, July 08, 2019

Back In The Saddle

Okay.  I'm still not 100% but I don't have a bunch of obligations this week to foul me up, so I think there'll be a new episode of Self Help Radio.  Think?  I'm sure of it!

In fact, I visited one of the radio stations at which I volunteer today & I filled out an application for SHR there.  I don't imagine the turnaround will be too quick - nothing appears to happen too terribly quickly there - but it was nice they let me apply.  I have been daydreaming about getting a show there since I drove home, which is probably not healthy, but I can't help it.  I daydream & I worry, sometimes at the exact same time.

The wife said, "Look at you, filling your days with radio" - oh yeah, I forgot!  I am going to train at the third station this weekend.  It would be quite fun if I had three different radio shows on three different stations.  Holy shit, could I sustain that?  I dunno.

There's a meeting tomorrow & I am running the board for two talk shows on Wednesday so I should have ample time to put the show together.  Why, you may ask, did I not work on it this weekend?  Shouldn't I have done that?  Well.

First, I napped.  I think I may have an ear infection.  It helps to nap.

Second, I needed to go see the new Spider-Man movie.  It was mildly entertaining, & I sat in the wrong theater at first, so almost saw Toy Story 4.

Third, I volunteered to monitor the station for the last night of the Blues Festival, so I sat & read Twitter on my phone while I listened to Shemekia Copeland & Trombone Shorty, & had to tell angry deejays their shows were preempted by the live broadcast.  That was a fun moment, they were so het up by not being informed of the preemption until I pointed out there was a bulletin board just outside the deejay booth with the information.  At least one deejay discovered that his show would be preempted by another live broadcast at the end of the month.

They had the decency to simmer down when they realized they weren't paying attention.  & one of them decided to go to the Blues Festival.

One of these days I'll learn not to procrastinate.  Not today, though.

No comments: