Monday, August 26, 2019

In One Week

In one week, Self Help Radio makes its Portland debut.  I'm sure you've heard.  It's weird, it seems so far away & yet I know it's simply seven (really six) days away.

Listen: time has been weird to me here.  We arrived here about three & a half months ago but I could swear I've lived here longer.  In a way, I long for the continual gloom & rain I have heard so much about, the summer has been mostly dry, & bright, & clement.

Am I doing anything special for the show?  Sort of, but not really.  I actually haven't even started working on it, since I have the Indiepop A To Z show to do this week.  That is probably a bad sign.

There is one thing I will not miss: recording my own airbreaks.  Oh jumpin' jeebus on a jet place that takes so much time.  I prefer to do them live & by gum I will be doing them live.  I think it might also let me focus on the music more, since I'll have time to do so - a lot of my calculus about putting together a podcast naturally takes into account the time to record & edit.  But no more!

This is all a bit too navel-gazey for me but I did look up from my life tonight & realize next Monday will be something different for me.  As my dad used to say to me: Don't fuck it up, boy!

He had a way with words.

No comments: