Friday, October 11, 2019

Trifecta

One of the things that I do which keeps me busy is I volunteer to help out at for the music library of two stations in town.  The truth is, I'd volunteer at all three except the third meets on Sunday nights, which I simply can't do because of my early Monday morning show.

At one of the stations at which I volunteer this week, after I finished music librarying, I got to chatting with a staff member who said she had known people who have done shows at two stations, but never one at three.  She said I had hit the Portland community radio station trifecta.

"Ah," I said, "but I don't do a show at KBOO."

"Yes," she said, "but you have subbed shows at KBOO."

"I dunno," I said.  "I don't think it really counts until I have a regular gig there."

"Didn't you say," she asked, "that you'll be helping out with people doing new shows?"

"Oh yeah," I said, "I'll be overseeing them while they do their first shows, to demonstrate what kind of show they want to do."

"I think," she said, "that sounds like a regular gig at KBOO."

Well, damn.  Trifecta.

No comments: