Sunday, October 06, 2019

Whither 1969 Revisited?

(Trailer for the wrong 1969 show.  Go here to see that one.)

Self Help Radio premiered on KOOP radio in Austin, Texas, at 3pm on Wednesday, October 9, 2002. Around six years later, on Friday, October 17, 2008, the show started revisiting old themes to celebrate its anniversary.  That's what's happening this week.

On Wednesday, January 19, 2005 (the day before my thirty-seventh birthday), Self Help Radio celebrated my favorite music from 1969.  (I do that every year around my birthday, celebrate a different year; I started in 1968, the year of my birth, & have been working my way up chronologically every year since then.)  The show at the time was only one hour long, so there wasn't a great deal of time to cover all the music I love from 1969.  As well, I didn't have a good resource for what exactly was released in 1969.  I got most of the songs right, but I missed a lot.  & that's what these anniversary shows attempt to correct.

There won't be any songs from the first 1969 show - consider this show an addition to that show.  & it'll happen tomorrow morning - Monday, October 7, 2019 - from 6-8 am on Freeform Portland, 90.3 + 98.3 fm in the city, online everywhere at that web site linked earlier in this sentence.

Listen, even if your parents weren't even born in 1969!  (I am so fucking old.)

No comments: